Фото кінця 19-го ст.
We are pleased to introduce a new specialized Internet resource to those who cares about past, present and future of Ukraine. The www.kobzar.info portal is our attempt — through the prism of Taras Shevchenko's prophetic word and his life — to show a higher Academy of Ukrainian people which concentrates everything: language, history, tradition, ethics and esthetics, national philosophy and spirit.
Despite the fact that our portal was launched only on 9 March, 2003, we already have a lot to share with our guests. Along with interesting and original content like:
- Regularly refreshed Shevchenko-related newsline,
- Artistic heritage of Taras Shevchenko (poetry, prose, paintings),
- Information about Kobzar himself (biography, hidden facts from his life) and well-known Shevchenko researchers,
- Information on museums, monuments, historical locations and other places of tribute, including virtual (sites about Taras Shevchenko),
the portal opens to the public a series of culturological projects:
- «Search for Taras Shevchenko Library» — traces of which were lost over hundred years ago,
- «Junior Shevchenko prize» — will be awarded to three winners of a contest for best story about Taras Shevchenko among senior high-school and junior college students at the end of 2003,
- «Quote of the week» — an effort to display a link between Shevchenko and contemporary world as well as increasing relevance of his works,
- «Photo of the day» — and a contest for best photo dedicated to the portal,
- «Travel to Kobzar» — a continuously expanding collection of photosessions to help our guests to virtually walk around Shevchenko places and feel their special atmosphere.
We offer you partnership programs to share the original content, participation in special projects and/or preparation of new joint projects.
By exploring Shevchenko, we collectively learn about Ukraine and the world at large.